Some telling comparisons.
It must be a lot easier to be a State Senator when someone else writes the legistlation for you.
Glenn Grothman - SourceWatch
Sen. Grothman is a member of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC). He is a member of the ALEC Education Task Force.
Grothman and Worker's RightsSen. Grothman was a vocal supporter of Governor Scott Walker's Wisconsin Act 10, which restricted collective bargaining rights for public employees, and introduced or co-sponsored the following bills:
- Family and medical leave: state law construed as an enactment of statewide concern and preempts city, village, town, or county ordinances............SB-23
- Compare to preemption effort in the ALEC Living Wage Mandate Preemption Act
Grothman and Education
- Private school grades K-12 tuition: nonrefundable individual income tax credit created............ AB-112 / SB-69
- Compare with the ALEC Family Education Tax Credit Program Act
ALEC- Related Campaign ContributionsAccording to ProPublica, Grothman received the following ALEC-related contributions:
- 2010 JOHN DEERE & CO $500
- 2010 AT&T $500
- 2006 KOCH INDUSTRIES $250
- 2006 AT&T $500
- 2006 ALLIANT ENERGY $250
- 2006 PFIZER $500
- 2006 PFIZER - $500
- 2006 WAL-MART $1,000
- 2006 WAL-MART -$1,000
- 2002 VERIZON $100
- 2000 NATIONAL FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS $100
- 1998 NATIONAL FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS $300
- 1998 NATIONAL FEDERATION OF INDEPENDENT BUSINESS $250