Let's give credit to the 10 lawmakers who showed leadership by returning their pay raise:
* Sen. Alberta Darling, R-River Hills
* Sen. Jon Erpenbach, D-Waunakee
* Sen. Ted Kanavas, R-Brookfield
* Sen. Dan Kapanke, R-La Crosse
* Sen. Joe Leibham, R-Sheboygan
* Sen. Dale Schultz, R-Richland Center
* Rep. Steve Hilgenberg, D-Dodgeville
* Rep. Dan Knodl, R-Germantown
* Rep. Margaret Krusick, D-Milwaukee
* Rep. Keith Ripp, R-Lodi
The self-sacrifice of these 10 public servants will save the state money and, more significantly, reassure the public that we're all in this together.
Behavior like this irritates the rest of us who work for state taxpayers -- and who have not had anything like a cost of living adjustment in 20 years. A significant portion of Glenn's political blather depends entirely on criticizing the pay and benefits of other state employees. Take away his "government spends too much on ...." meme and he'll have to talk about abortion 24/7.
Maybe it'll be harder for the pot to call the kettle black from now on. Anyway, we'll all remind him.