22 October 2009

Glenn Grothman: right for supporting the West Bend School board.

Glenn Grothman has spoken publicly in support of the West Bend school board, noting the board's fiscal good sense during a difficult budget year.

As surprising as this was to me, I cannot imagine the shock it must have caused his audience at the Common Sense Citizens of Washington County meeting earlier this week. I can barely imagine their disappointment at hearing the embodiment of arch conservatism (with the possible exception of Leah Vukmir, of course) complimenting the school board for doing a good job when most of those present have opposed the school board at every possible turn. Glenn suggested that the budget mess was Madison's fault, not the local school board's. He also stood up, a bit, for the teacher's union and it's representation of the underpaid teachers working in West Bend.

I suspect some of the disappointment is visible in the fact that Owen Robinson, who was present at the meeting, hasn't said a word about Glenn's comments over at Boots And Sabers.

Apparently Glenn's comments weren't Booty or Saber-y enough and simply don't track with the Bleed the School District paradigm they've adopted.


hiho
Mp

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have completely mischaracterized his statements. I was not disappointed whatsoever. Maybe you should have attended.

- Owen

Mpeterson said...

I had to rely on a number of people who were there. I was working and couldn't attend.

I am glad to hear you think the school board is doing a good job given the mess Madison has passed on to local municipalities.

Anonymous said...

Mess from Madison? Last time I checked, Doyle was in charge over in that neck of the woods.

Mpeterson said...

There are people from both parties in the legislature helping him. :)

tjmertz said...

Is there a text of what he said anywhere?

Mpeterson said...

Alas, no. Owen believes I've misconstrued Glenn's comments, and he was at the meeting.

I heard the outline I gave from a few different sources.

EAMD said...

Glenn Grothman: Wrong (read: epic FAIL) on Catholic policies.

Today I attended the Healthy Youth Act hearing. A priest from Milwaukee testified in favor of the bill, saying while he favored abstinence, the reality is that children from his church often asked him about sexuality and were making choices not to engage in abstinence.

While that may be fine for someone else's children, Glenn commented, "What do you tell your own children?"

Ooops.